My client is looking for an enthusiastic and driven individual to join their thriving team as a service desk analyst. Within the role you will have a range of responsibilities and each day will be different. The suitable candidate will help to provide support to users of all IT Business Services and assist in the deployment and management of the IT Business Services.
Training can be provided, enthusiasm and willingness to learn are important and if you are keen to get your foot in the door and progress then this role is suitable.
The role is both a technical and end user-facing role where you will support them with the operation and deployment of IT Business Services.
The IT Business Services include all the user-facing IT systems and applications which are used to manage and operate the wider business. This includes business applications, desktop and personal hardware, associated software, and management tools.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Investigate anomalies with the key applications and work with suppliers to identify and resolve issues.
- Accurate ticket logging of all IT incidents and service requests whilst managing your ticket queue, making sure calls are prioritized and closed within SLA.
- Assisting the broader IT Teams with the preparation of hardware/ software for implementation
- Suggest and implement improvements in existing IT systems and procedures
- Install and manage IT hardware and software as required by the business
- Make judgment calls on problems that should be escalated to management.
- Complete assigned tasks to a high standard as part of the implementation and operation of IT Business Services
- Develop ongoing relationships through quality of service provided and management of customer expectations
Knowledge and proficiency in:
- Desktop Support
- Microsoft 365
- Aptitude and desire to learn new skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- You have high standards and ensure that activities are driven to completion
- Numerical, Systematic, and analytical approaches to problem-solving
- The ability to work as part of a team or alone
- Capable of working under pressure to meet deadlines
- You are proactive and can prioritise tasks effectively
- Explain complex and technical systems in simple terms
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues of all levels
- Desire to help and maintain a high level of user confidence at all times
- Proven ability to adapt existing skills to new challenges
- Manage and maintain a set of documentation for IT Business Services
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in related or numerical/technical subject i.e. Maths, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics etc
- 1+ years of experience working in a technical support role is ideal but not necessary
- ITIL v3 or v4 Foundation is beneficial
If you are interested in this role, please click apply with your most up-to-date CV, please note due to the high number of applicants if you don't hear back within 14 days then you have been unsuccessful in this intake.