Agility is delighted to be working again with a repeat client based in Chorley who manages some of the UK best-selling brands in their market. The company has been family-run from its inception over 30 years ago and due to growth and new product lines is now seeking a Finance Manager to join its friendly team.
Responsible for the organisation's financial management, ensuring that the financial processes run smoothly, compliance, and the delivery of timely business information, the role is key to supporting the business's continued growth through professional and efficient operational management of the systems, processes, and output of the finance department.
The Finance Manager will be involved in all aspects of the business, a key member of the senior team, and is expected to influence and lead within this environment.
- Effective daily management of the finance function and subsidiaries for efficient production of financial information to deadlines
- Work with Accountant Assistant in providing relevant information to produce timely and accurate consolidated management accounts to specified and agreed deadline
- Ensure effective working capital management. Daily bank reconciliations and weekly, monthly, and future cashflow forecasting
- Ownership of AP and AR ledgers for the company and all subsidiaries
- Oversee invoicing and credit control processes and procedures to ensure that best practice is observed. Able to make and improve current practices.
- Cashflow modeling, data capture, and analysis
- Manage intercompany transactions in a timely and accurate manner
- Manage purchase ledger processes and procedures
- Create new and innovative ways of reporting sales and purchase ledger activity across the business and subsidiaries
- Improve financial systems and procedures to maintain and implement the best financial controls
- Financial reports innovation, implementation, and distribution
- Assist with and suggest cost reduction of overheads through intelligent ways of working
- Finance projects and added value work
- Ensure the Finance Team add value to the business
- Other ad hoc assignments within skills and capabilities
- Responsible for the line management responsibilities and associated tasks for the Accounts team.
- Hold relevant Accountancy qualifications either CIMA or ACCA
- Previous experience in a financial management role
- Able to demonstrate experience of managing, leading, coaching
- Able to demonstrate the development of an accounting function with experience of growing a department in relation to staffing numbers and increased duties.
- Able to demonstrate competency and versed in the development of procedures and control mechanisms.
- Positive, can-do attitude with a willingness to meet targets.
- Open approach to new challenges
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to communicate well at all levels with various stakeholder groups.