- Job title - Management Accountant
- Salary - £40k plus DoE
- Working hours - 37.75 per week
- Location - Manchester City Centre (Hybrid, 3 days from home)
- Job type - Permanent
- Benefits - 5 weeks holiday plus bank, private healthcare, life assurance, annual bonus
What we think you'll love …
- They have grown from a small independent regional company to having over 60,000 customers across Europe
- They spare no expense in providing an amazing career experience and offer and benefits package.
- We are looking for a Management Accountant who has got experience working in a finance / analytical role.
- As far as flexibility goes, it doesn't get more accommodating than this you can choose where you want to be based for up to 3 days per week.
Your new company …
- A leader in their industry and a household name across Britain, who despite being in our lives for almost 17 years, they have evolved with the times and changing trends.
- Their culture is defined by their people and is a place where you can be yourself. They are friendly, enthusiastic, helpful and purposeful. They encourage everyone to have a learning mindset, challenge respectfully, have a bias for action and to make evidence-based decisions.
- Since 2012 we have been accredited with the Investors in People Gold standard and are very proud of our track record developing and promoting internal talent.
How you'll spend your time …
The key purpose of the role will be to interpret and analyse industry, commercial and financial data to produce timely and accurate monthly management accounts. The role holder will also assist with the monthly production of strategic MI to senior business stakeholders.
- Production of monthly management accounts for the UK business unit
- To aid in the development and improvement of various models used in the production and analysis of the accounts.
- Conduct variance analysis between industry costs, published rates, and customer billing.
- Investigate reasons for under-recoveries and gross margin
- Production of monthly and ad-hoc management information
- To maintain documentation of applicable working processes and to keep a full audit trail of all workings.
- Other ad hoc work including responding to information requests from across the company.
- Completion of all tasks in a timely manner and to a high standard of quality.
- To be aware of and comply with all company policies and procedures
- The role holder may also be required to carry out any other duties within the scope
- Knowledge of the UK Gas industry would be advantageous.
This opportunity will be great for you if …
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Displays excellent analytical skills & attention to detail.
- A working knowledge of SAP
- Excellent IT skills, particularly Microsoft Excel. Ability to manipulate large data sets within Excel to identify variances and discrepancies.
- Good understanding of financial processes and driving through process improvements.
- Strong desire and ability to learn new skills.
- Experience of using the SAP accounting package.
- Knowledge of SQL & Power BI would be advantageous.
- Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication
- Commercially astute with the ability to develop and understand issues
Our applications are picked up daily and we will be in touch if we feel you are a great match for this role. If we don't make contact this time, we will keep hold of your CV for 4 weeks after your application and contact you about any other suitable vacancies.
Alternatively, feel free to get in touch and let us tell you a little more about some of the other fab roles we are currently recruiting for!