- Assistant Management Accountant
- Manchester City Centre
- £34,000About the Company
An award-winning law firm with a difference is seeking an Assistant Management Account who has real-life accounting experience and is looking for their next move.
Due to continued growth, they need an Assistant Mangemnet Accountant with the ambition to be their next Management Accountant. A full study package is included, all fees paid and time off for study/exams.
- Applicants must have relevant experience in the role and experience working within a busy office environment.
- Studying towards Professional qualifications such as ACCA is essential.
- Knowledge and experience of the operation of a legal services business is desirable but not essential as is knowledge of the SRA Accounts Rules.
What you will be doing:
- The main responsibility for this role is to assist the Finance Manager in managing the finance department in a busy Solicitor's practice.
- Identifying issues before and when they arrive, being a point of contact for fee earner queries and helping other members of the department manage their workloads.
- Assist the Finance Manager with the preparation of month-end reports which support the management accounts.
- This is a high-profile role involving interaction across the business at all levels with both financial and non-financial people.
- Attention to detail, flexibility and a can-do attitude are prerequisites for this role.
This company is looking for a flexible, enthusiastic and approachable person as this role is high-profile and will involve interaction with both financial and non-financial people across the business.
- Clear and concise written and spoken communication skills.
- Excellent listening skills with a proactive, problem-solving approach.
- Outstanding organisational and interpersonal skills and thrives on meeting exacting.
- Must be UK resident
deadlines and delivering exceptional service to internal clients.
- A calm, professional, welcoming approach with the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to plan and control activities to meet objectives.
- Be able to maintain a positive and cheerful demeanour to build excellent working relationships with a wide variety of colleagues and partners.
In return you will receive:
- Starting salary up to £34,000 + Study support
- 25 days holidays + Bank Holidays
- Professional development
- Regular social events
- Hybrid working (2 days in the office) after probation
What is next?
- If you are interested in this role please apply now.
- If you would like to find out more then please get in touch.
If this role isn't suitable but you are still looking for a role in Finance, please give me a call.
If you know someone who is looking for a role in Finance, please get in touch as we are now paying referral fees.