Wigan or Leigh
Full Study Support
This is a brilliant opportunity to join an organisation that is a Top 100 employer in the UK.
You will be working in a dynamic, values led organisation, this role will be ideal for applicants with knowledge and experience in accounting who are passionate about development and innovation as part of a lively community.
About the Role
- Preparation and production of monthly management accounts and reforecasts to agreed timescales.
- Update and ensure compliance with the Colleges Financial Regulations and associated operating procedure.
- Ongoing review of the College's Procurement Activity.
- Assist in the preparation of the Annual Budget and Year End Financial Statements.
- Assist with both External and Internal Auditors as part of the annual audit cycle.
- Assist budget holders with understanding their budgets and development of commercial reporting.
- Preparation and submission of quarterly VAT returns.
- Annual review of course costing models covering both Higher and Further Education provision.
- Experience of working in a similar role.
- Ideally studying towards ACCA or CIMA qualification.
- An excellent working knowledge of MS Office packages, particularly Excel
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- A keen team player with strong technical skills within management accountants and analysis.
- Results orientated and focused to deliver on time with accuracy.
We offer a fantastic package of staff benefits including:
- £32,000pa DoE
- Full study support
- Hybrid working arrangements with blended approach of office and home working.
- 29 days annual leave entitlement plus bank holidays.
- Wellbeing support including Employee Assistance Programme, Occupational Health, and Counselling.
- Generous pension scheme (LGPS)/(TPS).