Agility is delighted to be working with a well-established manufacturing company based in Wythenshawe They specialise in a range of industrial chain, gearboxes and couplings.
They have been established since 1864 and have operations in almost 20 countries. They have a very friendly team and are big on progression and growth.
This role is reporting to the European Financial Controller and joining the European finance team of 7. The Management Accountants team consists of 3 members, the Senior Management Accountant, the Management Accountant and YOU!
What you will be doing:
- Production of monthly and yearly accounts reporting for the Management team, focusing on relevant information and KPIs for the decision makers in SPW in a timely fashion alongside analysis of key cost centres for Managing Director
- Reporting of all sales figures, including costing of all items sold to customers.
- Lead on reporting of stock, including maintaining reports for Stock Controller and Sales Departments regarding stock held on site and our consignment customers.
- Completion of monthly VAT returns on a timely manner to HMRC for prompt refunding of monies owed
- Focus on reporting scrap for the business and invoicing our scrap merchant for scrap collected
- Lead on administration and analysis of yearly stock count, producing all materials for use in stock count and calculating our year end stock figures for compliance with our auditors.
- Authority on company payroll alongside Accounts Technician, providing support if need be on finer details of any differences to colleague pay
- Lead on all statutory audit requirements with external auditor, providing all interim work per the auditors needs
- Management of company cash flow, providing ad-hoc reports and information for weekly meetings with Managing Director and Production Manager alongside three month forward views when required
- Management of company foreign exchange requirements, dealing with our external provider Currency UK and Lloyds Bank to exchange between GBP, USD and EUR to satisfy supplier payments in a timely manner
- Lead on communication with HMRC in regard to VAT, Duty PAYE, National Insurance, and company benefits supply relevant information as required
- Lead on Office for National Statistics submissions, proving information per their requests on a monthly basis
- Preparation and posting of all monthly/annual accruals and prepayments
- Part Qualified accountant with a track record of delivering
- Understanding principles of financial control
- Strong organisation skills and diligence
- Excellent Communication skills
- Accounting knowledge, experience with nominal ledger systems
- Knowledgeable or willingness and aptitude to learn Cognos reporting system
- Microsoft Excel skills (eg. Vlookups, pivot tables etc)
- SQL is an advantage
- Professional Accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA)
- A professional approach that generates credibility and confidence from others
- Confident and assertive with a self-motivated approach and flexible attitude
- Driven to support and implement continuous improvement to processes
- Comfortable working in a changing/evolving environment
- Demonstrable levels of integrity
In return you will receive:
- Starting Salary £35,000
- Study support
- 21 days holiday + BH
If you are interested in this role, apply now!
If you would like to find out more about the role or have any questions, please contact me on