£20000 - £25000 per annum
Would you like to be part of a long-established and forward-thinking organisation based near Chester that is currently going through huge growth? This is an exciting position for someone who has a passion for finance and wants to join a company that invests in their employees to be successful and progress within their company. The role has great progression opportunities and includes study support towards becoming a chartered accountant along with other great benefits.
Some responsibilities include:
- To assist with maintaining the company's financial records, its subsidiaries, and associated organisations.
- To help manage and support a range of operational processes in Finance, including and not limited to bank reconciliations, accounts payable and customer refunds.
- To prepare claims and liaise with staff, external agencies, and organisations concerned with funded research work, as required.
- To assist in the completion of statutory returns, as required.
- To assist in the financial year-end procedures.
- Analysis of the P&L, balance sheet and introducer profitability.
- To undertake duties within the Finance department to support the provision of a management and financial accounting service to the university.
- Any other duties commensurate with the grade as deemed necessary by the line manager
- Commitment to company values and regulations, including the equal opportunities policy.
- Meeting the demands of clients, handling telephone and e-mail queries
- Challenge existing processes and look to automate processes to improve control and drive efficiency.
What are we looking for?
- Strong A-Levels
- Minimum 2:1 degree in Accountancy and Finance, Maths, Economics, or a numerical-based degree
- A high level of analytical and numerical problem-solving skills.
- Great communication skills
- Positive and proactive work ethic with a can-do attitude.
Benefits of this job
- Fantastic opportunity to progress - study support will be given (CIMA/ACCA)
- 30 days' holiday
- Pension Scheme
- Fantastic bonus scheme
- Flexitime and flexi working
- Company events
- Progression Opportunities
- Long Services awards
- Discounts on Gym memberships
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity based near Chester, please apply directly with an updated CV. Please Note if you have not heard back within 10 days after applying then you have unfortunately not been successful with this intake.