This is an opportunity to work for a large conglomerate who are aiming to be number 1 in their market place
We are currently on the lookout for a finance professional who has extensive experience in transactional finance and is detail-oriented.
If you are looking for a challenging leadership role where you can utilize your expertise and contribute to the financial success of a dynamic organisation, then this is the perfect opportunity for you!
As part of our dynamic senior leadership team, you will be responsible for managing all financial functions and overseeing the administration function.
You will lead the credit control, purchase ledger, and returns teams, so you should be well-versed in operating within a robust financial control environment.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will involve a range of tasks such as producing full sets of management accounts for the parent company, reporting directly to the Managing Director, and providing meaningful and insightful management information.
To be considered for this role, you should have a strong background in finance and be CIMA/ACA/ACCA qualified or part-qualified.
You should also have experience working in a similar financial leadership role within the manufacturing industry. In addition, you should have advanced Excel skills, with in-depth analytical skills, and a strong focus on controls and processes.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reporting directly to the Managing Director providing and developing meaningful and insightful management information including analysis and revenue calculations
- Member of the UK Senior Leadership Team contributing to company strategy & decision-making
- Responsible for managing all Finance-related depts including accounting, credit control, etc
- Producing full sets of management accounts for parent company on a monthly basis
- Producing all balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Produce information for our European parent company
- End and full responsibility of all finance related data, reporting and departments.
- Producing all statutory returns including VAT and PAYE
- Ensure all statutory filings are accurate and timely
- Production of budgets, cash flow forecasting and cash management
- Preparation of the monthly payroll process for the company and pension administration
- Control of commercial contracts
- Support with financial management of stock holding and recovery.
- Management of risk regarding aged debtors and creditors
- Lead a robust control environment that complies with SOX requirements and control testing.
- Manage short-term cash requirements via working capital management & cash flow forecasting.
- Production of regular Management Information to monitor performance and risks.
- CIMA / ACA / ACCA qualified or part-qualified
- Strongly motivated, hands-on, full ownership, accurate and team player
- Experience with reporting to a Group within an international scope is an advantage (EU / USA).
- Experience with WCAP management.
- Proven experience as a Finance Manager or similar financial leadership role within a manufacturing industry for both a small & large sized business
- A highly effective communicator - you will share the output of your function regularly with senior stakeholders.
- Advanced Excel skills, with in depth analytical skills.
- Knowledge of Sage package beneficial (not essential)
- Experience of working with foreign ownership beneficial (not essential)
- Strong focus on controls and processes
- Ability to investigate and resolve complicated issues.
- A strong knowledge of accounting systems
For a confidentuial chat please call Peter 01772 278078.